Our merchants are our partners
Seth Godin said it best, “don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.”
Our merchants are what motivate us, and make us a service provider; without them we would not exist. If what we had to offer merchants did not help them in their own businesses, it would not matter what we were offering.
It is current and prospective merchants that influence change, growth and innovation in the payment processing space, and Cartis Payments is the conduit to make this connection with the payment processor.
Know your customer (KYC)
KYC is a commonly practiced guideline in financial industries to get to know your customers and assess suitability and risk. Cartis Payments decided to do their own KYC with a deep dive to understand what it is our merchants’ value, and have we succeeded in finding products that merchants need.
Far and wide from British Columbia to Newfoundland and Labrador; from California to Florida; from lodging to a beauty supply store; from a charity to a furniture wholesaler; from a medical supplier to a franchise; from the well established to the new start-up, we asked, you answered.
Q: Which credit card processor(s) have you had experience with prior to signing up with Cartis Payments?
Merchants have had experience with multiple service providers that span across a variety of previous credit card processors, such as: Moneris, TD Merchant Solutions, Global Payments, Bambora (Worldline), Chase and First Data.
Q: Was Cartis Payments able to provide cost savings?
On average, merchants saw an estimated $3,000 in annual payment processing cost savings, with some merchant saving in excess of $30,000 annually.
Q: How do you use your merchant account?
Merchants reported using their merchant accounts to take payments in person, over the phone, on the go and online (including connecting their Shopify store). Utilizing a mix of our line of Ingenico Tetra terminals, payment gateways, and through an integrated point-of-sale or software from one of our integrated partners.
Q: Can you share some of the benefits, and value you have gained through our product and service offerings?
There were several key factors that contributed to an easy payment experience for merchants and software vendor partners that referred merchants. The top of the list was service, a responsive merchant support, with a team that advocates on their behalf.
Key payment processing features that were reported to add value:
- Simple to navigate user interface and reporting – merchants felt their payment processing was no longer outdated and complimentary reporting tools now offered insights to help reconcile payments.
- Merchants enjoy the reliability of same day / next day deposits to improve their cash flow.
- An omni commerce platform means one consolidated merchant statement for online (e-commerce), card present (swiped), and mail order / telephone order (MOTO) keyed transactions.
- The option for mobile payments helps with service management, being in front of their customers and converting sales to card present with lower rates.
- For merchants that accept multi currencies and have businesses in both Canada and The United States (US), one processor and point of contact for on boarding and support has been a game changer.
- Cost savings – competitive pricing, no hidden fees and no contracts was one of the differential factors from other merchant service providers.
- Merchants that use our partners’ integrated payments systems, say it streamlines business operations and reduces time and errors in processing payments. Software partners benefit in our advocating and facilitating their payment integrations, and quote gaining value in having a driving force to help them expand their offerings.
- Merchants saw opportunities and value in revenue generation that were not offered elsewhere. By referring clients in their network for payment processing they were able to benefit in reducing their own statement fees.
It is our merchants’ loyalty and insights that let us offer an unparalleled value proposition in return. We are in it for the long run, and we are better because of you. Cartis Payment offers to make payments easy.
Now it is your turn to ask us, we answer!